Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Moving Con't

Needless to say, I am exhausted, yet a lot closer to getting settled. When I say getting settled, I mean not having boxes full of items that I need to put away. Decorating and hanging pictures on the walls is slowly moving along. NO NEED FOR SPEED.

Another big task that is always in the back of my mind is cleaning the apartment. This place needs probably another 10 hours of labor to get it to my standards. Blinds needs to be dusted, the tub needs to be scrubbed, the wood floors need to be mopped, and the baseboards need to be cleaned. The truth is that I love cleaning. Cleaning and organizing bring me a lot of peace. If Danny Tanner from Full House was a real person, he and I would probably be best friends. I hope everyone finds that one activity that calms them and brings them a sense of serenity. It doesn't hurt that cleaning is also exercise!

Speaking of exercise, I did some "real" exercise today - swimming. I hadn't swum in over a week due to my strep throat mishap so it felt nice to get in the pool. I swam 1/2 mile without stopping (took me about 18 or 19 minutes?) and then did various strokes for another 10-15 minutes. You wouldn't believe how calming it is to take a nice swim. If you have access to a pool, take a dip.

Tonight I make a purple monster for dinner + roasted sweet potatoes. My normally green monster was purple because I used frozen berries instead of a banana.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes:

Peel off most skin (I usually do about 85%)
Wash potatoes
Chop into THIN slices (like the thickness of a half dollar)
Put slices onto a baking pan or baking sheet
Drizzle slices with olive oil, and sprinkle them with rosemary, salt, and pepper. Fresh rosemary is obviously best.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes

Usually I have done thick fry chunks (for lack of a better word) but I had a few slices that were thin and they really did taste better.

I'm waking up at 6 am to run in the park! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment