Sunday, September 5, 2010

Zucchini Quinoa Lasagna

I like zucchini, I like quinoa, and I like lasagna. When I saw the recipe for said lasagna on Peas and Thank You, I knew it would be up my alley.

Mama Pea has awesome pictures, but they separate the directions, so I'll just post the ingredients list and let you visit HERE for the recipe.

Zucchini Quinoa Lasagna

Serves 4-6

2 large zucchini, cut into 12 thin, 1/4 in. thick slices
salt
1 c. quinoa, rinsed
2 c. vegetable broth
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/4 c. minced onion
1 t. dried oregano
1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
2 T. organic or non-dairy cream cheese, i.e. Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 jar organic marinara sauce
1/2 c. organic or non-dairy cheese, i.e. Daiya (optional)

Mama Pea's recipe is completely vegan, but I de-veganized it by adding mozzarella cheese instead. I DID use the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese though!

Another note: make sure you really are using large zucchini!

The quinoa itself is to die for - if you get that far and decide not to proceed, you still win.

Pre-oven picture:



Post-oven:



Did I like it?


Nope, not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment