Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hash Browns

You know that box of whatever or that can of whatever or that bag of whatever that has been sitting in your kitchen, begging to be cooked, but you keep ignoring it? For me, it is a bag of hash brown potatoes. The poor things, they've been sitting in my freezer for so long!

I decided to do something about it:


Introducing: The Hash Brown Scramble

Ingredients:
(For one person)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped or crumbled "bacon" tempeh
1 large handful hash brown potatoes
1 egg

Heat oil in a skillet and drop in the pepper and onion. Cook for a few minutes.
Throw in the hash browns and tempeh and cook until heated through and browned.
Transfer mix to a plate. Cook your egg in the same skillet and throw it on top of the hash brown mixture or cut it up and mix it all together!
EAT.

The beauty of this meal is that you can add whatever you want. I do really like the bell pepper and onion so I'd keep that in there, but you can put in tofu or chorizo instead of tempeh. Add mushrooms! Add salsa! Avocado!

Here is the kicker: add a dollop of PLAIN Greek yogurt on top. Especially if you eat it with meat. DO IT. Don't question me. Fage 2% is my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment