Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Training: Week Three Review

I started my day with a Kombucha!



What is Kombucha? It's like a living drink! It has probiotics in it (like yogurt does) plus a bunch of vitamins and organic acids. I've only tried the GT's brand of Kombucha and you can visit their site here.


Beware: do NOT ever, ever, ever shake it!  You will regret it!

So last week was my third week of training for the Nashville half marathon and I have some good news...

I HAVE NO IT BAND PAIN!

I was diligent about strength training and rolling out the muscles around my IT Band, and on Thursday of last week I noticed that I wasn't sore and haven't been since.  Awesome.  I feel like I cured cancer.

These were my workouts last week:

Monday: easy 30 minutes
Tuesday: 45 minute spin class, 60 minute yoga class
Wednesday: rest
Thursday: 3x7 min intervals
Friday: steady 30 minutes
Saturday: 30 minutes of lap swimming
Sunday: 50 minutes (long run day - ran outside!)

I also did strength training on Monday and Thursday for about 20-30 minutes each time.  Typically I will do about three upper and three lower body exercises and then three core exercises.  Now that I type that out, it really doesn't seem like enough.  But what is enough?  Apparently I am doing enough to rid myself of IT Band issues, but what about the rest of my body?  Hmmm...I think I need to do some strength training research!

I'll leave you with a quote from my Kombucha bottle: "Today, no matter what I am doing, no matter who I am doing it with, my intention will be to see the things that I want to see." - Abraham Hicks





No comments:

Post a Comment