Monday, March 26, 2012

Race Week

On Friday, I will fly to SC for my second running of the Cooper River Bridge.  I ran this race for the first time last year and it was AWESOME.  We had insanely good weather, corralled starts, music, vendors, everything!

After last year's race, I was so enthusiastic about the experience that I convinced my dad to sign up.  He used to do a lot of races when I was little, but he hasn't done a race in over a year and a half, and hasn't done a 10k in almost four years.  He will most likely run/walk the race, so I'm going to give him a head's up on what the course is like so he can plan walking breaks in advance.  I am planning on running the entire race.  My time last year was 57:33, which is a 9:15 pace.  Is that doable this year?  We will see.  My splits were all over the place last year as the climb up the bridge is brutal, but once you reach the top you have about two miles of downhill.  I am nervous just thinking about running up that bridge! 

I'm nervous for another reason too.  There is another major event this Saturday:

 

For the first time since 1983, the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville will play each other in the NCAA Tournament.  I wasn't even ALIVE in 1983.  Along with Kansas and Ohio State, they make up the Final Four.  I don't think a single soul predicted that Louisville would make it this far, and I am happy for them.  However, my heart belongs to Kentucky, and I will be wearing blue during the Bridge Run. 

Go Cats!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the game this Saturday either! Go Cats!!

    Good luck on your race!!

    ReplyDelete