Friday, April 13, 2012

Think Cookie Butter

One thing that I love about the blogging world is that you hear about new foods to try all.the.time!  Since I started my blog I feel like I eat a much bigger variety of foods in addition to eating more fruits and vegetables. 

Bloggers love their bars.  And I'm not talking about drinking.  Clif bars, Larabars, Luna Bars, etc. are a staple in my diet.  They are convenient and tasty, BUT they aren't exactly cheap.  I "splurged" on a Think Thin bar (approx $1.50?) the other day to see if they were as good as people claimed them to be. 


I thought it was gross.  It tasted like a cheap protein bar that had been sitting in the clearance section at Wal-Mart next to a bucket of chalk since 1999.  Really. The next time I eat a Think Thin bar it will be because someone is trying to torture me to reveal company secrets.  They are Think Thin bars because once you eat it you'll never want to eat again.  The peanut butter in these Think Thin bars is so bad that the inventor of PB has risen from the dead.  You get the picture.  Obviously, I wasn't impressed.  Maybe the other flavors are better, but I won't be buying them anytime soon.

But this is good:

Holy moly is it good!

Speculoos Cookie Butter: A deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits.  It's like a dense nut butter.  It's definitely not a health food and not to be consumed every day unless you want to be a Cookie Butterball, but it's a still a delicious treat.  I mixed a spoonful into a protein shake and it was a nice addition.  If you can't wait that long, you can always eat it straight from the jar.  I haven't had any Cookie Butter this week and I consider that to be a small victory.

Did I ever mention giving up sweets for Lent? I unfortunately did not last the entire period, but I did last for 38 days.  38 days without cookies, candy, cake, pies, ice cream, etc. is a pretty damn long time and I'm proud.  I am trying not to go hog wild since Lent ended as I don't want to get hooked on sugar again.  A lot of people incorporate sweets into their daily diet like they would fruits or vegetables, but that is not my plan.  Don't get me wrong, if I could eat Cookie Butter every day of my life with no consequences I definitely would. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment