Friday, January 29, 2010

Cold As Ice

For the next few days it's supposed to be VERY cold and snowy, which means that the chances of me running outside are slim. Saturdays are long run days (I'm going for 6tomorrow) and having to run them inside is not appealing to me. However, now that I think about it, I can commandeer a treadmill with a DVD player and watch a movie while I run. On very cold days it is especially nice to go to yoga and be in a hot room for 90 minutes so I will partake in that activity as well.

I am very sad to report that all the cake in the office is gone, but I am also very happy to report that all the cake in the office is gone. My coworkers don't hold back when it comes to eating sweets. That cake lasted a little over a day. A plate of cookies? They are inhaled. A bag of chips? What bag of chips?

Despite my recent "fat kid tendencies" (a term made up by a friend from college, thank you friend) a pair of my favorite work pants are probably too big to wear at all, but I'm still wearing them to work today. They may or may not look like a pair of pajama pants at this point...but no one has said anything yet.

This weekend I'm going to Bicycle Sport to do more research on a bike. A coworker of mine was going to GIVE me one his old bikes, but it was too big for me. I need a road bike with the drop down handlebars, size extra small. Bikes are way more expensive than I thought before I started doing research. Preferably I don't want to pay more than $400 (including necessary maintenance) and that's definitely in the bottom quartile when it comes to road bike prices. Craigslist has been somewhat helpful, but people put some WEIRD stuff on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment