Tuesday, March 16, 2010

2 Legit 2 Quit

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was my day off from working out although a workout would have been nice due to a stressful day. I grabbed a Coors Light as soon as I walked into the house after work and started making a simple stir fry: brussel sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms and tempeh served over quinoa. I have a picture, but it doesn't really look that appetizing, so I'll spare you. I liked the dish, but I needed more flavor, like vegetable broth, and I could have used more color too. I put hot sauce on top of it all. For those of you that don't know, tempeh is a soy cake that you cut into a strips and it essentially soaks up the flavors of everything around it. Like I said, I needed more flavors. Noted.

After dinner I tried some new tea:



I really liked it and I recommend it. Maybe it was the beer, maybe it was the food, or maybe it was the tea, but I was relaxed and slept well last night.

After work today I ran with a coworker for a little over 45 minutes, and I felt great! Running with a friend or a group makes a run so much better.

Injury recap: I still have this tailor's bunion/swollen area on the outside of my right foot, but it's not hurting as much as it did last week and the week before. The inside of my left ankle has been a little sore after my runs, so I'll just ice it, take some Advil, and keep an eye on it. Running: gotta love it, gotta hate it.

I'm still hungry...approx. 28 days without cookies (for Lent) and it's killing me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment