Thursday, March 18, 2010

Insomniac

Yeah so it's a little after 3 AM and I cannot sleep. This is probably due to the fact that for the past day or so I haven't been eating as healthy as I should be. I've been craving sweets a lot, and I've fulfilled that craving with the dark chocolate covered goji berries, those FoodShouldTasteGood Chocolate chips, and a coworker brought in some cake so I've had some of that as well. Last night after my workout I had a veggie burger, some steamed broccoli, carrots and hummus, and a pickle, and THEN I went out with Alice and her boyfriend and had a mushroom quesadilla and almost a whole margarita. All this sugar is messing me up!! I'm wondering if maybe I'm just not eating enough food food and that's making me hungry, and I'm only THINKING that I'm craving sugar. We'll see.

Yesterday i did a short but sweet speed workout where I warmed up at a slow and easy pace for 10 minutes, then I ran for 2 minutes on 6.0 mph, 1 minute on 6.2, 1 minute on 6.4, 1 minute on 6.6, 2 minutes on 6.0, and then repeated the process 3 more times. On the last set I ran at a 1% incline. Then I jogged and walked for 5 minutes for a cool down. Told you it was short and sweet! It's race week and I don't want to wear myself out! Afterward I did some strength training: biceps, triceps, pushups, some back exercises, hammies, hips, and core.

I just thought of another reason why I probably can't sleep. I have SO much to do in the morning! As I've mentioned in other posts, I like to organize myself at night in terms of putting out the next day's work and workout clothes, etc, things like that. I have done nothing of the kind. My room is a mess, I don't have any clothes together, and there is a sink full of my dirty dishes! Note to self: make myself get organized before anything else - even if that means I'm late for going out with friends. I don't want to change who I am and get out of that habit, so I just have to plan better.

Today's workout is Bikram, the 75 minute class, and the fact that I'm already hydrating at 3:30 in the morning means that I should be set by 5:45 PM. Kentucky plays today at 7 PM. I'd like to suggest to Coach Cal that he have the team do Bikram once a week...it would do nothing but good things! Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment