Sunday, March 21, 2010

I did it again!

Happy Sunday.

I had lunch with Mommyfill on Thursday at the parents' house and this is the lovely spread she made:




How cute is that? I told her I wanted something healthy and she did it! That unidentified object on the lettuce is homemade tuna salad, and there are lots of leftovers which is great for me since I am housesitting again this week. She said she didn't leave me a lot of food, but I think our opinions differ when it comes to quantities of food. My parents have been in their house for almost 10 years now, and she's had 10 years to accumulate food, while I've been living with Alice for almost 9 months, and 9 months is obviously a lot less time than 10 years. Point being, I'll have to make one very small trip to the grocery while I'm here.

Yesterday was the 2nd leg of Louisville's Triple Crown of Running, which was the Rodes City Run 10k (6.2 miles). My great performance for the 5k really put the pressure on to do well, and I was really nervous all day Friday and Saturday morning. My friend Rose drove me, her boyfriend Brad, and our friend Austin to the race. We were about 50-75 yards away from the Start Line, and it took FOREVER to cross once the race began. It took us about 3-4 minutes to travel that distance, during which Austin and I would look at each other and go, "Great race."

Brad and I ran together for most of the way and we helped motivate each other. The frustrating thing about races is all the lateral movements you have to do. I would love to know my time for a race if I weren't constantly dodging people. At one point I turned to Brad and said, "This is a clusterfu**." That brings up a sensitive topic: running/race etiquette. Folks, if you decide to walk a race, don't start at the front!! Are you serious? Secondly, if you have to stop and walk, don't just stop in the middle of the road and potentially cause a runner to crash into you. Move diagonally to the left or right side and then walk. Some people are just so stupid.

Despite how crowded it was, we had extremely nice weather, sunny and around 60 degrees, and I BEAT MY GOAL TIME AGAIN! My goal was to complete the race in 55 minutes, which is about an 8:52 pace. Brad and I (I think) had negative splits the whole race (negative splits meaning that each mile was faster than the previous one) and we finished in 54:45 which is about an 8:49 pace. I loaded up on goodies after the race (bananas, Soy Joy bars, powerade) and then Austin and I went to a local coffee shop to have some yogurt + granola and coffee (decaf for me...we know how I get with caffeine).

The rest of the day I ate and ate and ate. I am out of spinach so green monsters did not show up, but I had tuna salad, hummus, grapes, a banana, a granola bar, and I went to a fabulous cocktail party last night where I had mini hot browns, artichoke dip, beef tenderloin, veggies, shrimp cocktail, and some delicious tiny custard desserts.

Today my calves are pretty sore which is a rarity, and my left inner ankle is sore too. I'm heading to the gym soon to swim some laps and get the body loosened up, and then I'll go sit in the steam room for a while and stretch.

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment