Saturday, March 6, 2010

Anthem 5k

So, I did it.

Did what?

Well, first of all, I made a Green Monster and I drank it!!



10 cubes of ice (more or less), a scoop of protein powder, one banana, 1 cup of milk, and two cups of loosely packed spinach. Don't knock it until you try it! You taste the banana more than anything.

This morning I woke up at 6 AM for the Anthem 5k. In Louisville at the end of winter/beginning of spring there is a series of races called the Triple Crown of Running.

1. The Anthem 5k: March 6th
2. The Rodes City Run 10k: March 20th
3. The Papa John's 10 Miler: April 3rd

I had the equivalent of an english muffin with Sunbutter, a bunch of water, and went to go pick up my friend Austin. We had a nice warmup and stretch and tried not to think about how cold it was (20s). Last year I ran the race with my friend Clayton, and we talked the whole time, so my time was 29:12. In 2008, my time was 29:26. THIS year, I had a goal of 28 flat.

My time was......

25:37!

I KILLED IT!!!!! I ran that race like a true runner! Usually I start out slowly and build to a faster pace, but with a 5k, the race is so short that you really cannot afford to run slowly. If you are going for a good time, you've gotta go all out!

Other interesting facts:

There were 8515 (registered) finishers.
4904 females.
I was the 1464th person to finish
I was the 306th female to finish
In my age group (20-24) I was 29th!

I am so proud of myself and so happy and my great results show that hard work does pay off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment