Sunday, March 7, 2010

Are You Out There?

Do I have any readers out there? Although I am writing this blog for me, it's nice to get comments and feedback, so please acknowledge yourself!


My 5k time still astounds me. If you missed the entry before this one, I ran it in 25:37 which is:
1. Mind-blowing
2. Awesome
3. 3.5 minutes faster than my time for the same 5k last year

That plus two hours of yard work makes for one sore puppy today. There is a Bikram class at 10:30 that I am considering (even though I dislike the teacher) to get a good stretch and then take a break on Monday.

Last night I MADE granola (courtesy of Paula Deen). I melted vegetable oil, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract on the stovetop, and mixed the result with old-fashioned oats and sunflower kernels. After baking it for 45 minutes, I tossed it with raisins and dried cranberries and I can't wait to have a big bowl of it for breakfast or over some greek yogurt! Just now I had a modified PB&J and a clementine. I used whole grain bread, almond butter, and raspberry preserves. Yummyyyy. I'm fairly certain I will go to yoga, and afterwards I'll make a green monster. Today at 3 pm I'm going to a wedding, so a green monster plus a little something extra will tide me over for a few hours.

So several entries ago I was talking about the Tanita Body Composition Analyzer they have at my gym. It looks like a white bathroom scale, but you give the trainer your age and height and that helps the machine calculate your BMI plus other facts like weight, fat mass, and body fat percentage. This past Friday was my two week mark, so I got more results. I'm pretty pleased. These are my facts:

Weight: 120.2 lbs (down from 120.4, but not a huge deal, weight fluctuates easily)
Fat %: 20.9% (DOWN FROM 22.4%!!!!!)
Fat Mass: 25.2 lbs (DOWN FROM 27 LBS!)

So, as you can tell, I've been losing fat but gaining muscle! The first time I did this back in January, my weight was 117 lbs, but my Fat % was 22.1% and my Fat Mass was 25.8 lbs. I am currently at my lowest Fat % and Fat Mass to date!

Lots of good things going on...I hope I can keep up the good work!!

1 comment: