Monday, March 8, 2010

Early Bird

So I've been called an old lady by my friends before, and last night I proved my authenticity even further by going to bed at 7:45 PM. Yes. I woke up around 6:30 AM so I got almost 11 hours of sleep. Did I need it? Absolutely. I had my race, 4 hours of yard work, swimming, and a wedding this past weekend. Did I have to do it all? Well, yes. I blame it on refusing to be lazy. I've had this need to constantly be productive, which isn't a bad thing, but I need to take time to relax. My roommate can attest to the fact that I cannot sit down and watch a TV show or watch a movie without jumping up every five minutes to do something. I've got to have my room organized, the dishes cleaned, my clothes laid out for tomorrow, my teeth brushed, etc. One of these days I'm going to take a day and do absolutely nothing. It will probably kill me, but I think I need it.

So Katie @ SweetTaterBlog influenced me to try spaghetti squash. If you have never tried it before, YOU ARE MISSING OUT.

Her instructions:

1. Cut squash in half lengthwise
2. Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper on both halves
3. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes with halves FACE DOWN

Once the squash is cooked, the insides come out like spaghetti strings! No joke! I added sauteed beans and squash, bean sprouts, marinara sauce, and parmesan cheese on top. It's amazing.



If you are going to eat it like a spaghetti dish, I would say that one whole squash yields 3-4 small servings.

Try it. You will NOT regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment