Friday, March 12, 2010

Food

Good gracious, I haven't made a post in a while.

I've been trying a new product:



LeGrand Sun-dried Tomato Pesto. I found it at the Fresh Market recently and thought, "why not?" So far I've had it in a wrap and on some Triscuit crackers. The Triscuit cracker incident was today so I'm thinking that it tasted best on those. They have several different kinds, including your standard pesto, and I'm curious to try another flavor. I might not try the standard pesto though, because my mother makes the best pesto. She should have been a gourmet chef...I mean, she practically is one, but she should have been a professional one.

Look at these:



What are they? French fries? Freedom fries? Nope.

Try PARSNIP FRIES. And they aren't even fried. They're baked!

I chopped off a bit of both ends on several parsnips, peeled them, cut them crosswise, and then into fry-like strips. Then I tossed them with EVOO as Rachael Ray would say (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and S&P, then baked on 450 for 25 minutes. They have a little tang to them, but the consistency and taste is pretty similar to french fries! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment