Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fitness

My workouts have been really good lately. Ever since the 5k I've had a great boost of confidence and that has lasted through the week (and I hope continues!). On Tuesday I ran with a friend/coworker in the park. We did the Cherokee Loop twice (the really hilly loop I've mentioned before) which was 4.8 miles all together. It was a breeze for me and I could have done it again.

Wednesday was killer. I needed a speed workout and I sure got one. After a 10 minute warm up on the treadmill, I took the speed up to 6.5 (9:13 mile pace) and took my incline to 1%. After one minute, I went to 2%, and on until I got to 5%. Then I took the incline down and ran at 6.0 mph for a few minutes, then repeated the exercise but only going up to 4%, then only going up to 3%, and then I had a nice cooldown. The entire workout took me about 30 minutes maybe? I had to stop the treadmill at one point and lost my data!

Thursday I went to a Bikram class. The instructor, Anna, is fabulous, but she was very generous when letting fresh air into the room. Next time I'll stay farther away from the door. She said, "If you haven't done Rabbit before, watch........Rachel." I silently screamed, "No!" because I'm actually not that good at it - my head can't touch my knees. After 2+ years of doing Bikram, my dang head still can't touch my knees! Oh well.

Because I babysat last night, I had to run yesterday morning which was fine with me because there is a trainer at my gym that I may or may not have a crush on who was working at the time I went. :)

I'm up early, waiting for my breakfast to digest, then I'm going to run 6.5. It's a taper week. Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment