Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tired of Toein' the Line

Some thoughts:

1. I'm content with the way my running has progressed and I'm content with my level of strength.

2. I can't wait until the mini is over.

3. I love to run.

4. I don't know if I'll do the mini next year.

Now, if you looked at thoughts 1 and 3 together, you would think that I'm on top of the world. If you looked at thoughts 2 and 4 together, you would think that I hate running. The truth is that I have a love/hate relationship with running. Ok maybe not "hate," but "dislike." Every time I try and train for something, I end up overusing SOME part of my body whether it's my hamstring, my hip, whatever, and I have to back off a bit. It seems as if my body is telling me not to run, but I don't want to hear it! I want to run!

What I'm dealing with NOW is a Tailor's Bunion a.k.a. bunionette. It lies on the OUTSIDE of the foot. Where did this come from? I'm fairly certain it did NOT come from my running shoes which fit very well. I do think they came from my pair of Dansko shoes. The Dansko shoes are wide and have a wide toe-box and my feet are extremely narrow. My thought is that I wore the shoes too much and my foot rubbed the outside causing some swelling and pain. So, perhaps it's not a full-blown Tailor's Bunion. Google Images shows some pretty extreme Tailor's Bunions and I'm not there (yet). In the meantime, I'm avoiding high heels, icing the area, and taking Advil. Honestly, for most of the things/injuries that afflict me, rest and ice and Advil have proved to be the best cures of all.

Tonight I'm going to yoga (vinyasa) and it's been over a week so I'm long overdue!

No comments:

Post a Comment