Wednesday, April 7, 2010

GROSS




The photo above is KFC's newest creation: the Double Down. Read the story on MSNBC here


From a business perspective, it's a good move. It's something different, and people who eat fast food will want to try it. Look at what happened when McDonald's introduced the Snack Wrap. You started seeing Snack Wrap versions popping up at other fast food stores because people wanted them. They seemed...convenient.

From a health perspective, I'm completely appalled. My arteries are clogging just LOOKING at the picture. The Double Down contains 540 calories, 32 grams of fat, and 1,380 milligrams of sodium in the fried version. The nutrition information really isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I'm still grossed out.

Part of me wishes I could control what people ate, but MOST of me does not. If you're going to eat that crap and get fat then fine. There are plenty of resources out there to help people eat well and live a healthy life, and if you won't take advantage of them then that's your loss. But if you're going to eat that crap, get fat, and drive up MY health care costs, then that's a different story and a different entry.

Overall, this sandwich is a huge FAIL in my book. Excuse me while I go find some vegetables...

No comments:

Post a Comment