Friday, May 14, 2010

Holy Breakfast!

This morning I went to Milestone at 5:30 to knock out my swim for the day.

For my triathlon, I have to swim 1/2 a mile, which equals 35 lengths in Milestone's pool (I think it's a 25 YARD pool). I swam 35 lengths this morning without stopping and it took me 17 minutes which is a time I'm content with for now. Ideally, I would like to complete that distance in 15 minutes. After length 36 I stopped and stretched a bit and then alternated between freestyle, backstroke, and just kicking until I completed 50 lengths, then went to the steam room to chill out. I love using the steam room after a swim to just breathe, stretch, and reflect.

I'm always starving after a good swim, and I made an extremely rich breakfast to feed the need.

Feast your eyes on my grilled peanut butter/banana/honey/cinnamon sandwich:





I took an Arnold Sandwich Thin (remember, I'm consumer of the year) and spread Sunbutter on it, added sliced banana, honey, and cinnamon, and then I put it on the George Foreman for 5 minutes or so. Ta da! It was so delicious, but I warn you, eat it sitting down and give yourself a minute or two to recover.

3 comments:

  1. I am always hungry/STARVING after a swim too! Those sandwiches look mega!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sandwich was actually pretty small! The diameter of one of the Arnold's Sandwich Thins is probably 5-6 inches.

    ReplyDelete