Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bring On The New

On Monday I started my new job! I have A LOT of work to do which helps the time pass quickly. I work from 8:30 to 4:30 with 1/2 hour for lunch. If I decide to take 1 hour for lunch, then I'll work until 5. The scheduling is flexible, and I appreciate that.

Because I won't get any time off for a while, that means a lot of quality time in front of the computer screens. Yes, I have dual screens. To break up that time, I've been taking a brief walk every morning and every afternoon. It's definitely important to take breaks, especially if you are using the computer all day. Also be sure to sit up straight in your chair! Days and weeks and months and years sitting slouched in a desk chair is going to do horrible things to your body.

Because my lunch break is so short, I will plan on bringing my lunch most of the time. Today I brought an AMAZING salad which contained the following:

spinach
feta
sun-dried tomatoes
cucumbers
sprouts
chick peas
cut up veggie burger
balsamic vinaigrette

The Kroger closest to my house has done a lot of remodeling and they have expanded their produce section to include really great items that can make a world of difference in a meal. A salad doesn't have to be just lettuce!

After more than a 2 week hiatus from Bikram, I went to a class today. You might call me crazy for stepping into a hot yoga room considering it was almost just as hot outside, but I'm so glad I went. The class kicked my butt just because I hadn't been in a while, and my back already feels sore (in a good way).

Tomorrow I'd like to get up and run before work. I haven't been doing as much running lately (mostly because it's just so hot outside) so I need to resort to running early in the morning or late late at night. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment