Thursday, June 17, 2010

Recreation

Today I mailed my sign up sheet and check to E.P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park for the triathlon in August. I was writing "Attn. Recreation Department" when I stopped and looked at the word "recreation." Do you ever stop and stare at words and it's like you're seeing them for the first time?

Recreation: Re + Creation

Merriam Webster:

Etymology: Middle English recreacion, from Anglo-French, from Latin recreation-, recreatio restoration to health, from recreare to create anew, restore, refresh, from re- + creare to create

Have you ever thought about recreation as a means of restoring your health? I hadn't...until now! Every time you go on a run, ride your bike, play tennis, do whatever, you're restoring your health.

This morning I restored my health by taking a quick 2 mile run and I'm doing Bikram tonight. Double workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment