Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinner FAIL

So last night I ventured to cook something I had never cooked before: Tofu.

I bought a package of firm Tofu at Kroger last week and finally decided to try it last night. After some research on the internet, I decided I would cut up the tofu, marinade it in soy sauce, and then sautee it.

1. I opened the package, not expecting to see that the block of tofu was submerged in water. Gross.

2. I worried about the fact that the tofu was so soft. I was expecting it to have a denser quality. The texture reminded me of Jello. Grossed out again.

3. I tried to sautee the tofu in a frying pan with some other vegetables and unfortunately I added a wee bit too much water and the tofu just got softer. Fail #1.

4. I tried again, cooking just marinated tofu in a small frying pan. I kept that tofu on the stove for a good 10 minutes and it would NOT get harder.

5. Reluctantly, I tried some. Completely grossed out. Threw every single bit of tofu in the trash.

I ate some of my veggies and had a beer for dinner. The tofu really took away my appetite.

I don't want to say "never again," so I'll just say, "not anytime soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment