Saturday, June 19, 2010

Spinning!

So this morning I was supposed to go on a ride with the Louisville Bike Club (17 miles) but it thundered and rained and continued to do so when I woke up at 8 am this morning. Do I want to ride my bike in the rain? No, but thanks. Instead, I went to a 9 am spinning class with my dad at the gym!

The class was hard yet it was great. Unfortunately, my shoe clips aren't compatible with the gym's bikes, so I just had to wear tennis shoes. For the first half of the class we did more hill work and then for the final 30 minutes we worked on speed. Doing these classes is great conditioning and great interval training too because we switch between speeds and resistances. I've mentioned this before, but interval training is a great way to torch calories and burn fat!

The instructor was a guy named Jeremy, and he was calm, not hyper and screaming like some instructors can be. Also, the music was great!! He even played a few tunes by Death Cab For Cutie and My Morning Jacket.

When I got home I made a green monster: chocolate whey protein powder, banana, spinach, and 1% Horizon organic milk. I forgot to add that I had a piece of bread with Sunbutter on it before my workout. When you wake up in the morning, don't eat solely carbs! Adding protein like yogurt, milk, nut butters, or eggs keeps you fuller longer!

In about an hour I'm going to go meet some friends and we're going to go wakeboarding on the river! My legs are already kind of sore, but wakeboarding is so much fun so I will just suck it up.

Summertime is such a great time to get out and do activities that you normally wouldn't do year-round.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment