Friday, June 11, 2010

Everything Must Come To An End

Today is my last full day in South Carolina. It's always so sad to leave this place, especially since there is a good chance I won't be back until next Summer. I've been quietly asking my mother every day if we can come back during Thanksgiving!

When I was here after graduation from college, I had a wonderful summer down here hanging out with my friends. With most of them being younger, they all went back to school in the middle of August and it got lonely pretty quickly, so I'm trying to remember that and remember that the sooner I leave, the sooner I can come back!

I took a break from working out yesterday because I realized I had worked out every day since I had arrived. Last Saturday my workout was walking around for four hours around Charleston and I figured that counts. I actually DID end up working out a little bit yesterday, but it wasn't intentional. Charleston has an arts festival every year called Spoleto, and my mom and I went downtown to see the Westminster College Choir perform. We had had a hard time finding a parking spot (Charleston's parking is pretty awful) and I ended up parking a mile away and so I sprinted to the Cathedral where I had dropped off my mom a few minutes before. My running gear? A dress and Rainbows. For those of you who don't know what Rainbows are, you are seriously missing out, and they are flip flops - basically a southern staple. Charleston has some pretty uneven streets as well and I managed to sprint this mile in the flip flops and avoid falling too!

As for my workout(s) on my last day here, I'm still deciding. Since I ended up having a run yesterday I might nix the run and do biking and swimming instead. The latest issue of Women's Health has an article on swimming and a beginner's workout that I might do twice. It involves doing intervals of freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke. I just ate a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch and raspberries so I need to wait a little longer before I go jump in the pool. Swimming on a full stomach is not recommended.

A tip for swimming workouts: If you have written down a workout to take to the pool with you, put the paper (unfolded) in a Ziplok baggie. If you leave a piece of paper on the side of the pool unprotected, it'll end up a soggy mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment