Sunday, July 18, 2010

Birthday Eve Bike RIde

Tomorrow, I turn 25!

Remember the Louisville Bike Club? How I went on a ride with them that was supposed to be 17 miles and I was talked into doing 30? I thought I'd give them another chance. In the heat of the day, at 2 pm, I joined a group of riders and chose to do the 15 mile option. An older man named Jim "swept" the 15 miler, which means he hangs out in the back, so he and I rode together for the ride, which turned out to be almost 18.5 miles.




Check out my Garmin Forerunner 205! Early birthday gift. I can use it while running and biking and it's been a lot of fun to play with so far.

Back to the ride for a minute...Jim reviewed road safety and gave me some riding tips as well. Here is one of them: If you are going down a hill that is on a curve, keep your inside foot up. For example, if you are coasting down a road that veers to the right, keep your right foot up and your left down. You run the risk of having your right foot hit the pavement and then falling over if you keep your right foot down.

I'm considering taking tomorrow off, and not because it's my birthday. Saturday I did 90 minutes of hot fusion yoga (mix of Bikram and Vinyasa) and then I washed AND waxed my car.

And the productivity award goes to...

No comments:

Post a Comment