Thursday, July 1, 2010

Friday Eve

One of my coworkers likes to call Thursday "Friday Eve" so that's what I'm going to do too!

Boy, am I sore today! One hour of weight lifting will do that to you. We did arms, legs, and abs in that order. By the time we got to the ab exercises, I was definitely ready to stop for the day.

Some of the exercises we did were double-duty exercises, meaning that they targeted more than one area of the body. For example, I did 2 sets of a wall sit with bicep curls. I think I grabbed 2 10 lb dumbbells, then got into a wall sit with my legs forming 90 degree angles, and did 2 sets of 12 reps. My personal trainer gave me a good tip to keep my shoulders against the wall!

Another memorable exercise: I think we named it a one-legged side ball raise. Get 2 6 lb. medicine balls and put one in each hand. Raise one foot behind you a few inches off the ground, then slightly bend the knee of the foot that IS on the ground. Hold your arms out to your sides with your elbows bent with a medicine ball in each hand, and then slowly extend your arms out to the sides as far as you can and bring them back. Do one set of 10-12 on each side, then switch feet and do another! That exercise was difficult for me for two reasons: 1) I have tiny hands and 2) my PT was making me laugh! I just tried to find an image for that exercise and wasn't successful.

I started off today with a nutritious breakfast: Grape Nuts, Horizon milk, and blueberries. Snack was yogurt, and I had some spaghetti casserole and fruit for lunch.

Today's activity after work is walking 9 holes of golf! I can't wait. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment