Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Feeling Like a Human Again

Hey Everyone,

Today is the first day since last Thursday that I haven't felt like death. My glands aren't as swollen, my throat isn't as sore, and I don't sound like a man when I speak.

In typical Rachel style, I probably overdid it today because I was so excited that I felt better. After a long day at the office, I went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio, then ONE HOUR of weight lifting with a trainer. After that, I went straight home, made a green monster, and then took a carload of stuff to my new place and then unloaded it. Tomorrow morning I will be S-O-R-E.

You know what I am really looking forward to tonight? A good night's sleep where I fall asleep QUICKLY. That is the trick to a good night's sleep, folks: activity. Since last Thursday night it has taken me over an hour to fall asleep every single night because I didn't run, I didn't swim, I didn't do much at all.

Back to the move: yes I am moving. Fortunately, I am moving about 10-15 minutes away so it's going to be a relatively-easy move. The main event will take place sometime on Saturday, but I wanted to go ahead and move a few things while I have the time. The new place is GREAT and I will be within running distance of Cherokee Park yet on the other side of the park from my parents. We gotta have some boundaries, you know.

Our long weekend is just around the corner. This will be the first 4th of July holiday in probably 10 years that I have been in Louisville and not South Carolina. Gotta TCOB (take care of business) here though!

Hope everyone is staying hydrated and healthy! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment