Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strep Throat

It's not allergies.

I got a z-pack today and I hope I will be feeling better by tomorrow. Otherwise, it's off to the doctor I go. Last night I went to my parents' house and they gave me soup and frozen yogurt (which felt AMAZING on my throat) and I got a good night's sleep.

Today I got so frustrated with the fact that I haven't done anything but sit on my butt that I finally went on a 20-30 minute powerwalk around the neighborhood. Who knows if it was the best thing for me to do, but I did it anyway and it felt great to move around.

Today is day FIVE without any exercise. If you know me well, you know that this never happens. I cannot tell you the last time I went five whole days without exercise and I've gotten beyond the point of anxiety: I burst into tears in my car because I was in such withdrawal. However, I have my medicine now and I've gotten plenty of rest so let's hope we're on the upswing.

I'm taking a gym bag to work with me tomorrow in hopes that I will feel well enough to go after work. If I do go, I can't jump into things like I haven't been sick at all though. Light cardio (30 minutes on a machine) and light weights/core strengthening should do it.

Who knows if the wheatgrass is doing its job, but I'm going to continue to drink some every day. One of its benefits is that it helps regulate acidity. Stomach problems are definitely part of my history, so anything that helps with that I'm willing to try. I found my wheatgrass at Whole Foods. Amazon.com had the same brand and same size listed for the same price so contrary to popular belief, Whole Foods isn't always the most expensive store!

Here's to feeling better...

No comments:

Post a Comment