Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Washington D.C.

This past weekend I visited The District. Lots of friends from home and college live there so it's fun to visit them and even bring groups of friends together!

News flash: I didn't take any workout clothes to DC. This is a big deal. I didn't even take my iPod. My running shoes spent a lonely weekend in my room. I did a lot of walking though...my city friends like to walk places. I was telling them that our concepts of distance differ because I use a car a lot more than they do. When it comes to running, miles and miles aren't a big deal...but a 20 minute walk? Why don't we just drive? That's suburbia for you. My new apartment is close to lots of restaurants and shops so I hope that I'll find myself walking around town a lot more.

For good eats in D.C., you don't have to go far. One restaurant that we went to was simply amazing: Co Co. Sala.

The chefs at Co Co. Sala incorporate chocolate into every dish! We're not talking about taking a bottle of Hershey's Syrup and squirting it on everyone though. One of the dishes I got was the shrimp caesar salad flatbread which had "balsamic chocolate shards" and it paired really well with the salty parmigiano reggiano cheese. As a budding chef, I haven't been that adventurous yet, but maybe some day.

Visit D.C. if you haven't been recently! Go to the Newseum and Co Co. Sala. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment