Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where Has the Time Gone?

I've found lately that I have had extremely little down time. Between work, training for my triathlon, and putting together a new apartment, that leaves about 1 hour per day of relaxed waking time. This productivity explains the lack of entries lately as well. When you spend your working day in front of a computer, getting on my computer at home and typing more is the last thing on my list.

Speaking of work, I encourage everyone to take breaks, ESPECIALLY if you work at a computer. I make myself take two walks every day: one in the morning and one in the afternoon after lunch. When I'm walking around I look at distant objects to give my eyes a break from staring at a computer screen that is 2 feet away from my face.

Back to a lack of time. I've found that there aren't enough days in the week to get in all the workouts I want to do. Utilizing my white board helps me create a schedule, but I end up changing it all the time because of other conflicts. I'm going to have to either do two workouts a day or do brick workouts (doing one activity right after the other, like swimming then running) to get everything in. However, I don't want to over-exert myself and end up injured.

I've made an executive decision to take tomorrow off. Who knows, I might change my mind in 10 minutes, but after spinning class today my legs definitely need a break. The class was INTENSE. The instructor, Kelly, is a 5 foot-nothing tiny person with a lot of fire in her pants. She plays a lot of fun music, but she makes you work for the entire 55 minutes. She instructs us to keep our heels down and pull in our core, which is definitely important for cyclists because we must bend over our bikes. I've never been this sore after a spinning class, which is why I'd like to not run tomorrow morning.

I need your help! How do you make time for everything you want to do?

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment