Thursday, August 26, 2010

It Only Takes a Spark...

Over the past few years, I have developed into a very environmentally conscious person. It's not political issue for me, it's about doing what we can to decrease waste. I'm also a huge animal lover, that's a different story, but there you go.

I'm going to brag a bit about myself right now and tell everyone how I have improved the carbon footprint at my own office. We did not have real plates or flatware or cups - it was styrofoam and plastic EVERYTHING. On my first day of work I knew this had to change. Although I didn't bring any environmental arguments into it, I convinced our President to pay for proper plates, bowls, flatware, and glasses. It's a somewhat expensive investment up front, but we will save in the long run by not having to restock the styrofoam plate supply all the time. We won't have as much trash either! If you have the choice to do things a greener way - why not? Little changes add up over time.

Anyway, I just got back from a nice run in the park. My distance was 3.36 miles - I ran the first three, and then walked and jogged the last .36 of a mile.

Mile 1: 9:27
Mile 2: 9:41
Mile 3: 9:25 (the entire mile was uphill and I was BOOKING it)

I've gotta hurry up and shower, make a GM (Green Monster), and head to a meeting. Happy Friday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment