Saturday, August 28, 2010

What's For Lunch?

So I have this giant container of coconut that isn't being used. Today I decided to put some coconut in my quinoa and see how it would turn out.

I put the quinoa and about 2 tablespoons of coconut in a pan and heated it until the quinoa had popped around for a while and the room was filling with a popcorn-like (yet sweet) smell. Then I added water and cooked it normally.

It ain't half bad! I think I would do it again if I was cooking some Caribbean dish or something with shrimp in it.



Check out how colorful my lunch is! The coconut quinoa, steamed broccoli, carrots and hummus, and cherries. That is a picture taken with my digital camera, but it's still not that great. I need to figure out how to turn off the flash.

If you have any recipes that involve coconut, please(!) send them my way. I gotta get rid of this stuff!



BIG NEWS:
At 3:15 is my first blogger meet up EVER!! Stephanie and I are going to take a walk in Cherokee Park. This is big time! I enjoy reading about other blogger meetups and I'm glad I finally get to participate in one. I can't wait to meet up with Sarah (I hope soon!)

Elbow update:

Last Sunday = fell off my bike and landed on a straight arm, on my palm, heard a weird pop/crack noise in my elbow area. I've self-diagnosed it as a contusion.

Today = almost a week later. The arm is definitely better, but it won't be 100% for another week or 10 days. I've been carrying around a huge bottle of Advil in my purse and people give me weird looks. It hasn't stopped me from getting to Bikram classes - I just have to sit 1 pose that involves laying on your elbows. Yeah, not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment