Monday, August 30, 2010

Turning Leaves

Monday.

In one week is Labor Day, which means I am wearing my white skirts, linen, seersucker, bright colors, etc for the next 7 days before it goes into storage for the year. It's depressing.

However, it is nice doing activites outside during the Fall. Granted, Fall doesn't start for another 20+ days, but you can see it creeping in. I've seen leaves on the ground, I've seen some trees whose leaves have changed entirely, and I've smelled it too.

Speaking of turning leaves, I'd like Fall to be turning point for me too. With no major races or events in my schedule for a while (except a possible 10k in October) I'd like to get back to tennis, golf, yoga, and everything else I was neglecting this Summer. The only problem is that my elbow continues to bother me. I'm going to do another week of ice + Advil and if it's not better, then I might head to the doctor.

Great Harvest for lunch = the veggie (cream cheese spread, onions, carrots, cucumber) on Dakota bread.

From the GH website, here's the ingredient list for Dakota bread:

Freshly milled whole wheat flour, roasted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, water, yeast, honey, and salt.

Good stuff - it's a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment