Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bernheim Forest

In preparation for my 10k next weekend, I went to the race site to get a feel for the area and perhaps run part of the race course, but I didn't want to run much more than 5 miles. I woke up (on my own) around 8 am, ate some SunButter + Great Harvest toast, drank a lot of water, and headed to a little gem 25 miles south of Louisville called Bernheim Forest. Bernheim is the place where you go on field trips in lower and middle school, perhaps for an overnight. I really cannot tell you the last time I went there, but I am so glad I went.

Note: I was running around looking for a road called Guerilla Hollow.

This is near the visitors' center - kind of looks like an AT&T commercial, right?









Where is Guerilla Hollow?









Are you that way?


Oh, shoot...

I was not even close to Guerilla Hollow.

So I turned around...

Ran some more...

And then...


Well well well Guerilla Hollow, thanks for showing up 4.92 miles into my run! At least I know where it is now.

All in all, I ran between 5.25 and 5.5 miles.

My miles were slow at first because I kept stopping to take pictures:

Mile 1: 10:41
Mile 2: 10:29
Mile 3: 9:58
Mile 4: 9:42
Mile 5: 10:01

I'd like to average a 10 minute mile next week for the race. It won't get me anywhere close to breaking my record, but there is a big difference between training for a race for six weeks versus three months.

I just had a big bowl of leftover veggie chili (that I made) and Great Harvest Cheddar Cornbread. I'm off to Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington to watch the Kentucky/South Carolina game. Go.....everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment