Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Making the Most of Your Day

Today I decided to grocery shop during my (short) lunch break, and I think it's something I'd like to do more often!

Great Harvest and Kroger are within a few miles of the office. I hit up Great Harvest first which always brightens my day! I was out of bread for sandwiches, breakfast, etc. so I got some of their Honey Whole Wheat and I also got some Cheddar Cornbread. Tomorrow night I'm cooking chili for some friends and I wanted to serve this with it. Although it's not exactly the right temperature outside for chili, it tastes good year round!

Cheddar Cornbread ingredients:
sour cream
unbleached white flour
sugar
cheddar cheese
eggs
cornmeal
baking powder
salt
baking soda

Looks pretty simple! The loaf is heavy - almost two pounds! It smells great and I can't wait to eat it tomorrow.

After GH, I went to Kroger to get some last minute ingredients for the chili: onion, mushrooms, beans, and corn. They also had a sale (which is pretty regular) of 10 Clif Bars for $10. I hadn't been to Kroger in a while and it was nice to see a lower number on my receipt. If I can shop at Whole Foods for my produce and Kroger for everything else I know I'll save a nice chunk of change. Kroger DOES have an organic/health food section, albeit small, but it has many products that I use frequently, e.g. almond milk. Eventually I'll do a cost comparison between those products at Kroger vs. Whole Foods.

After work I'm heading to Bikram. I haven't been in almost a week so I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. You must work really close to where I live! I could walk to both GH and Kroger :)

    ReplyDelete