Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's Up Guac?

Inspired by THIS entry by Mama Pea @ Peas and Thank You, I made my own guacamole on Sunday night.

Ingredients:
2 avocados
2-3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
1.5-2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2-1 Tsp. salt

Mama Pea put cilantro and sriracha sauce in hers, but I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, and what would I do with the other cilantro that I bought? Probably nothing and I'd end up throwing it out and wasting money. Thinking ahead folks, thinking ahead.

My tip for halving avocados: cut into the avocado lengthwise, and drag your knife around it while you rotate the avocado with your left hand so you get a nice cut all the way around. Then take the avocado in both hands and twist it. The halves come apart easily, and then you can remove the pit and be on your merry way.

What did I do with this delicious guac? Well I took another tip from Mama Pea and made a burrito bowl.

Ingredients:
Brown rice
Mushrooms
"Bacon" tempeh
zucchini
spinach
black beans

I sauteed the last five ingredients, giving more time to the zucchini and the least amount of time to the spinach. I seasoned the veggies + protein with lime juice and cumin, and could have used some veggie broth too.

I made my brown rice base, added the vegetable + protein mixture on top, then added a dollop of - not Daisy - but GUAC.


That's what's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment