Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting Into the Groove

Recently I've been pretty busy and haven't had the time/focus to sit down and write. Yesterday, Monday, I didn't even READ a single blog - you know that means I'm busy!

Last Saturday I went running with a friend and although we went a lot farther than I wanted to, I'm glad we went and it gave me a good idea of where I am with getting back into running shape.

I stopped my Garmin after 6 miles and here are our stats:

Mile 1: 10:52
Mile 2: 10:42
Mile 3: 10:48
Mile 4: 12:25
Mile 5: 14:20
Mile 6: 13:47

As you can tell, we ran very slowly. After mile 3 we walked and ran the last 3, running 75% of the mile and and walking 25%.

Yesterday, Monday, I went running again and here are the stats:

Mile 1: 10:25
Mile 2: 10:44
Mile 3: 10:36

I felt stronger yesterday and didn't do any walking except to warm up and cool down.

Lately I've been listening a lot of The Temper Trap. We heard them in a commerial during the Oscars and I've been jamming to them since.

You've probably heard this song:



I LOVE running to this song:



Enjoy! Hope you're having a great week!

1 comment:

  1. love love LOVE the temper trap, rachel. "Fader" is probably my all-time favorite pump-up tune - though it usually induces lots of fist pumping which can be a little awkward for innocent bystanders.

    http://fulloffeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete