Wednesday, March 2, 2011

GOTR Louisville: Day 1

Yesterday was the beginning of the spring term for Girls on the Run!

Girls on the Run is an organization that strives to teach adolescent girls about self-respect and healthy habits, all while having fun and training for a 5k that takes place at the end of the 10 or 12 week term. I love kids, running, and having fun, so it seems to be a good fit for me.

The program is very regimented and we have a book that outlines what to review each session (we meet two times a week for about 90 minutes each time). It's nice to have a guide, but we found yesterday that we were a bit rushed at the end. However, we're still getting our feet wet and things will smooth out soon. One of my co-coaches is one of my oldest friends, and she is a teacher, so she is so great to have around! Her classroom management skills come in very handy for keeping the girls in line and focused.

I promise I will start sharing photos of our practices soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment