Thursday, June 2, 2011

Potpourri

Over the past year, my cooking skills have really improved. It's been almost a year since my Tofu FAIL. I failed to press the tofu, I only marinated it for 15-20 minutes which resulted in a soggy mess, and I threw the entire block of tofu away! Now I know the right way to make tofu, and it tastes good to me.

Less than a week ago, I discovered that my food processor indeed DOES work. The biggest trick to a food processor seems to be making sure that the top locks on - otherwise it won't start. It felt like Christmas when I knew the top was locked on and the processor started! Recently I've made two recipes that I've wanted to try:

1. Mmmm Sauce by Peas and Thank You
2. Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes by Shoes Full of Feet

The Mmmm Sauce is made of chickpeas, nutritional yeast, almonds, and a few other ingredients. It has a nutty, cheesy taste and I see people mostly drizzle it on vegetables. It's yummy!

The Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes are pretty yummy too. They truly taste like mashed potatoes, and if you're watching your carb intake this is a good option for you. Instead of using goat cheese, I bought some Alouette spreadable cheese instead. The recipe also involves roasting some garlic cloves, which I had never done before. It made the apartment smell delicious!

I feel like now that I have a working food processor, my options have really opened up and I can't wait to see what else I can make. I'm not quite at the level where I can start inventing recipes, but maybe one day!

Back in April I shared my playlist for my Papa John's 10 miler race, and I wanted to spotlight one of the songs again.

Regina Spektor's "Us" has a really great beat and you can sync it with your footsteps. I find that whenever I'm N*SYNC with my music it always gives me an energy boost.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment