Sunday, March 3, 2013

March

Whenever March rolls around, everyone seems to perk up a bit.  Winter's end and Spring's beginning are just around the corner and with that comes sunshine, warmth, more time spent outside, et cetera.

February was a pretty good month for me.  Work has been busy in a good way, my workouts have been great, and I spent a weekend in Nashville with two of my best friends.  February also brought a personal challenge into my life which I am still battling.  Without getting into too much detail, the challenge involves a relationship.  Relationships are tough, whether they are friendship-based, romantically-based, family-based, work-based, or whatever.  They take work and they have their ups and downs just like any other aspect of life.  I think the most important thing that we need to remember is that we cannot lose our self in a relationship.  We must remember that as ourselves, we are great beings and capable of a lot, and to lose our sense of self is detrimental.  Our happiness cannot be centered around one other person.  This is something I am telling myself every day while things sort themselves out.  In the end, everything will be OK.  I am healthy, I have a great job, I have a loving family, I have lots of friends...you get it.  Anyway, for anyone out there who is reading this and going through any kind of struggle, read this:

"What is the key to untie the knot of your mind's suffering?  Act great.  My dear, always act great" - Hafez

That quote says to me that in times of uncertainty and vulnerability, don't wait for the changes to happen.  Make the change.  Be the change.  Better to act than sit and wonder.

Moving onto happier things, my weight continues to drop.  I am 5-6 lbs lighter than I was two months ago which is unbelievable yet amazing!  I am feeling great about my body right now which is not something I've said for at least a year and a half.  My lighter frame is making my running a lot better.  I've read that for every pound you lose, that takes four pounds of pressure off your knees.  So I've taken 20-24 lbs of pressure off my knees?  That's a lot!  I'm doing the Cooper River Bridge Run (10k) in Charleston in about a month and three days so I'm hoping for a solid race.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend - Happy March!

No comments:

Post a Comment