Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Three Day Smoothie Cleanse

Hey There,

There is a local business in Louisville called Life Bar which sells smoothies and juices.  We're not talking Jamba Juice kind of smoothies with processed and concentrated ingredients...we're talking about the real deal!  They have a few locations including inside of Rainbow Blossom St Matthews and a free-standing location in the Highlands.

They've been offering a New Year's Cleanse in three varieties: all smoothies, smoothies and juices, and all juices.  Given that I hadn't done a cleanse before, I decided to go the smoothie route.  It's six smoothies per day, so one about every 2.5 hours.

Yesterday, Tuesday, Jan 14, was my first day.  I went to Rainbow Blossom, picked up my smoothies, and headed to work.

9 am - Midnight Mint: raw cacao, organic maca powder, peppermint, plant-fusion protein, and almond milk.  At first I thought it was chalky, but I quickly realized that I liked it!

11:30 am - I cannot remember which one I had.  I liked it.

2 pm - Blanking again.  At this point I was not very hungry, but I forced myself to drink the smoothie.

By 3:30 pm I was still very full and I was swimming at my gym which was a little uncomfortable at first.

4:30 pm - Banillamaca Protein: vanilla plant-fusion protein, superfood maca, freshly ground cinnamon, ginger, and almond milk.  My appetite had returned post-workout so it was nice to have this.

7 pm - I am hungry.  I have the Avocado Dream: coconut meat, avocado, coconut water, coconut milk, banana, cinnamon, 100% organic vegetables.  The avocado taste is strong and it's strange to drink it.  I am starting to want solid food.

8:30 pm - my friend is eating pizza in my apartment and I end up having two small pieces.  YES I AM A CHEATER.  I could not help myself.  I was starving, I wanted solid food, and I felt weak.  I felt immediately better after eating real food.

So, I only had five smoothies.  I missed drinking the Yogi: eleuthero, eucommia, maca, goji berries, strawberries, banana, cinnamon, and almond milk.

Today I am going strong, but I am looking forward to 2 pm when I can have my next smoothie.  The thought of solid food is making me really excited.  Honestly, I will probably have more solid food tonight.  I am most hungry at nighttime and going to bed hungry will make for a restless night.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Mari bermain slot online di MPO Slot Online yang terpercaya di indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari bermain slot online di MPO Slot Online yang terpercaya di indonesia

    ReplyDelete