Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Brand New Day

So I am currently sitting at my desk and looking out the window and I cannot see the river or Indiana. In the past 10 hours or so, we've received a good 4-5 inches of snow. Most of the office is here, which is surprising, but apparently the worst is yet to come. This accumulation is predicted to freeze, which always makes things fun. Not. Needless to say, I won't be running outside.

This morning I ventured into the snow to get to the gym (now THAT's dedication). I ran 3 miles alternating between moderate speeds and very low inclines. My left hamstring is bothering me again which is very frustrating. Every time I try to do some speed work my hamstring doesn't want to cooperate! After my work on the treadmill I did a hamstring strengthening exercise where I lay on the ground, prop my feet onto one of those large exercise balls, lift my hips, and then use my feet and heels to roll the ball inward and outward. You can really feel it in your hamstrings and I hope with enough of that exercise I'll feel better. If I have to run slowly to make it through the races, then so be it. After all, my blog is titled No Need For Speed.

I am doing some great new ab exercises, and I'll share those another time. After my workout, I ate what is now my favorite breakfast. I cooked oats the old-fashioned way on the stove with milk, then I added a banana and a spoonful of Peanut Butter & Co.'s Cinnamon Swirl. DELICIOUS.

I'm heading to NYC on Friday (weather-permitting) and I can't wait to run in Central Park!!

1 comment:

  1. That was impressive that you got up so early this morning! I was all snuggled in my bed!

    ReplyDelete