Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Run This Town

Hello readers! Sorry to keep you without a new post for so long! Let me note that I love the title for this post and it's the most appropriate one yet.

Last Friday through Monday I was in New York City hanging out with friends from home and friends from South Carolina. All we really did was walk, shop, and eat, but that was plenty for me! A highlight from my trip was that I took a run in Central Park!! On Saturday morning, after ordering a bagel online and having it arrive all toasted and delicious, my friend took me to the subway (I couldn't help but call it the Metro the entire weekend - Oh Spain...) and we went to the park. I wore my CWX tights, Patagonia base layer, Kentucky sweatshirt, hat, and gloves, and I was still freezing. New York runners are so chic, they were all dressed to the nines even while running! I ran for an hour, basically running in circles because I was afraid of getting lost. I stayed at the side of the park closest to the Plaza Hotel and ran near some water too, not completely sure if it was the reservoir or not. After meeting back up with Sarah who waited oh so patiently for me in a coffee shop, we walked back to the subway which was my cooldown. By the time we got back to her apartment, Sarah and I were both exhausted and my legs killed me. We spent the next few hours sleeping and relaxing and eating lunch from...PEANUT BUTTER & COMPANY!!! Sarah was so nice to go get sandwiches for us and it was well worth it. We both got The Elvis which was a grilled peanut butter sandwich, stuffed with bananas and honey. They served it with a small bag of potato chips and carrot sticks! Yummy!



The Saturday run in Central Park was the only workout I did besides the miles and miles we walked in the city. People in NYC are noticeably thinner than they are here in Louisville, and that is obviously because New Yorkers do significantly more walking. They are able to do more walking because everything is crammed together: your work is X blocks from your apartment, your dry cleaners is down the street, Starbucks is around the corner, etc. I would love to do more walking, and the gals in NYC miss having a car. The grass is usually greener on the other side.

All in all, the trip was amazing. Here is one final picture of the DELICIOUS crepes that four of us shared on Valentine's Day brunch AND my entree: Foccacia "occhio di bue"



No comments:

Post a Comment