Friday, February 19, 2010

Evil Urges

So I'm a little down right now. Recently l have been able to tell that I have gained a little weight, and it doesn't feel like good weight. In a post from January 15th, I documented my weight, BMI, and fat percentage at that time. I was very overdue for another weigh-in so I got one today at the gym. Needless to say, I was not happy with the results. I now weigh 120.4 pounds, which is up 3.4 pounds from January. My fat percentage is now 22.4% which is up .3% from January. In January, my fat mass was 25.81 pounds, and now it is 27 pounds. These are numbers I don't want to see. However, a .3% increase in fat percentage is a very small amount, so I should be thankful for that. A person's weight can change a few pounds daily based on water intake, so I shouldn't get too down about it, but it's hard not to. Alice, my roommate, says I should focus more on how my clothes fit. Something I'd like to point out is another disadvantage of being shorter: gaining 3 pounds on a 5'3'' frame is like gaining 5-6 pounds on someone who is of more average height. The weight is not necessarily noticeable to someone else, but you yourself can feel it.

I have to make a confession. I ate a fair amount of sweets in New York City, and in the weeks leading up to it I was eating a lot of sweets as well. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself, but sometimes I went overboard (e.g. two pieces of cake). For Lent this year I am giving up cookies, which are a HUGE weakness, and I hope that makes a difference. I plan weight myself and do the body composition analyzer every other week now so I have more data to work with.

On a good note, my running feels great. I feel stronger and I have more endurance, and I want to keep it up! Tonight I did 3 miles and some upper body strength + core, and tomorrow I am going running with a friend. The goal for tomorrow is to run 6-8 miles, and it will be pretty easy. The long runs as I've mentioned before are supposed to be done slowly, and running with a friend helps the time pass!

One other thing I wanted to mention is that my unlimited pass at yoga expired on Tuesday which does lift some weight off my shoulders because now I don't feel so pressured to go to the studio. Now for the next two months I can focus on my running and go to yoga just when I feel like it!

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment