Wednesday, February 24, 2010

La Comida

Inspired by fellow bloggers, I would like to do more documentation about what I am eating. More for my benefit than for my readers' benefit, I need to take into account that although I am training, I cannot justify eating whatever I want and expect to burn it all off. Eventually I will probably switch to a notebook I can carry around, but we'll see.

Breakfast: 4-5 strawberries, whole grain cinnamon and raisin bagel with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Snack: banana

Lunch: chicken stir-fry, brussel sprouts, pear

Snack: blackberry muffin from Cake Flour, an all-natural baking company

Drinks: at least half my body weight (ounces) of water. I've been keeping a pitcher of water at my desk because it's so convenient!

Tonight I'll probably have a Luna bar before my race and then maybe a protein shake afterward. I haven't been drinking as many shakes as I did a couple months ago: time to do those again! I use 1 cup of milk, 3 small scoops of protein powder, and several frozen strawberries. Using fresh fruit is good too, but I would add 1/2 cup ice to give it more texture.

Another delicious smoothie recipe I always used to eat, especially during the summer:

1 cup low fat or non fat vanilla yogurt (Dannon Light n' Fit was my favorite)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup fruit
1/2 cup ice

Use a blender!

No comments:

Post a Comment