Saturday, July 31, 2010

Race Recap + Triathlon Prep

Happy Saturday!

At work yesterday I was a complete zombie - to the point where I had multiple people asking me if I was okay. The fact is that I've been feeling pretty drained lately. I've been pushing myself physically, not knowing if I'm eating enough food, and probably not getting enough sleep. Usually I need AT LEAST 8 hours to feel functional.

Today, I feel GREAT. I slept 11 hours last night and woke up feeling rested. I had a Sunbutter sandwich on Cinnamon Chip bread from Great Harvest. One thing I love about Great Harvest is that you can actually pronounce every single ingredient on the packaging of their goods! Read your labels!!!

While I ate my sandwich, I looked at the running and biking maps for my triathlon and wrote down all my turns. Then I drove to E.P. "Tom" Sawyer State Park, the location of the triathlon, which is about 20 minutes away and got on my bike! I have a clip close to the handlebars where I clipped in my turns, and I biked about 9.5 miles of the 14 I will do next Saturday. When I got back, I "threw" my bike in the car, put on my running shoes, and ran 2 miles of the 3.11 I will do next Saturday too! It is a very strange sensation to run immediately after biking; it almost feels like you are still biking. I did both miles at a 8:54 or so pace. Overall, I was really pleased with my workout and I think I'm really going to enjoy this triathlon!! My Garmin says I burned 566 calories total and the running and biking (without transition time) took me about 61 or 62 minutes.

When I got home I made a pasta dish. I sauteed onion, red bell pepper, and zucchini, and then I added the small amount of marinara sauce I had left, and then served it over whole wheat penne pasta. One of my best friends gave me a jar of pesto from Italy for my birthday, and I mixed some of that into the dish as well. Delicious!

SEVEN days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment