Friday, October 1, 2010

Quinoa + Zucchini Lasagna Revisted

Last night I had company over for dinner and decided to cook the Quinoa and Zucchini Lasagna which I cooked at the beginning of September. View that entry here.

I made a few modifications:

1. I used more zucchini. Anytime that I can beef up (weird word choice, I know) the amount of vegetables in a dish, I'll do it. The recipe calls for 4 zucchini slices per layer, but I put in 5 or 6.

2. I used less marinara sauce (almost a whole jar save a couple of tablespoons) than last time (1.25 jars).

The lasagna THIS time was delicious (again) yet better than the first. My friends really liked it too! I served it with steamed broccoli and would probably add some bread on the side next time since the lasagna itself isn't as "carby" as standard lasagna.

And for the NEXT time I make it - I'll make more quinoa - perhaps 1.5 cups instead of 1. The quinoa layers were a little thin and I'd rather have too much than too little. It's so delicious that I wouldn't mind eating it on its own.

Tomorrow I am running in a 5k benefitting FEAT of Louisville. FEAT stands for Families for Effective Autism Treatment. A friend wanted me to sign up last weekend so I did. This 5k race will take the place of my previously scheduled 6 mile run. It starts at 8:30, and the temperature will probably be somewhere in the mid-fifties so it should be a very pleasant race! Let's see if I can beat my 26:11 time for the 5k I ran in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment