Monday, August 15, 2011

Early Morning Runs

The proximity of my apartment to Cherokee Park is one of my favorite things about it. Recently I've gotten back to my early morning runs which I love! I love the cool air and the peace. For a while now I've been saying that I need to take pictures of the park to give non-locals a sense of where I run, and today is your lucky day. I really need to take more pictures when there are people in them so you can gauge the size of the hills I run. Note that all of these pictures were taken just before/just after sunrise!

I run in what's known as the Scenic Loop/Cherokee Loop/the Loop.


This is a view of the sunrise from the top of the loop:


Going up what's known as Dog Hill:


A bit further up Dog Hill:


The Loop is one way, with the right lane for cars, and the left lane for pedestrians and cyclists. It's 2.4 miles around, and with the addition of running to and from my apartment, a typical loop run is less than 3.5 miles.

With the Bourbon Chase less than two months away, I'm stepping on the gas with my training. Although I will not run more than 4.5 miles in any of my legs (3 legs) I still want to get in great shape and maintain a 9:30/mile pace.

If you're feeling generous, you can donate to our team by clicking HERE. Our team name is This One and One More! and we are $500+ away from our goal of $5,000. We are running for the American Lung Association. Please consider making a small $10 donation to us! Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment