Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Girls on the Run and THE COLOR RUN!

Last year, The Color Run took the nation by storm.  For a while you couldn't get on Facebook without seeing pictures of your friends who had participated in TCR in their respective city.  I can hardly talk - my profile picture is still of myself post-race.  In my car, if you look closely enough, you can still see green powder on the gear shift.

Anyway - forget what The Color Run is?

What is The Color Run™?


The Color Run™ 5k is a unique experience focused less on speed and more on crazy color fun with friends and family. Color runners come from all different ages, shapes, sizes, and speeds; but everyone toeing the start line has a blast. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of The Color Run™ course will be the most memorable and colorful run of your life!

Last spring I reached out to TCR folks to see if they already had a partner charity in place for the July 2012 race.  Unfortunately they did, but fortunately they held onto my information and contacted me about two months ago about partnering with Girls on the Run for the June 2013 race!  I. Was. Pumped.  After many emails, a couple phone calls, a meeting or two, and several dozen questions later, I accepted the partnership on behalf of GOTR.  Now the real work begins.

What we have to do: between now and June, we have to recruit 150+ volunteers for the Thursday and Friday before the race and for race day itself.  TCR will give us $40 per volunteer that we provide = lots of money for GOTR! 

If you are in the Louisville, KY area, we would love to have you come volunteer with us on June 8, 2013.  The duties vary from set up, tear down, registration, or working in the color zones.  All volunteers will get a tshirt and a fun experience!

Here's how to sign up:
1. Go here: http://thecolorrun.com/louisville/
2. Click Volunteer
3. Complete the form and be sure to choose Volunteer as: Charity

If you would, please leave a comment here/email me if you plan to do this.  I am trying to keep my own database of volunteers and I would like to hear from you!

Please help support Girls on the Run Louisville!


1 comment:

  1. I'm no where near Louisville, but wish you the best of luck. I think GOTR is an AMAZING organziation!

    ReplyDelete